Friday, January 11, 2013

Only 1 Hour!

cardstock - Bazzill Flat Broke and Tangerine Blast, patterned paper - Bo Bunny Apple Cider, leaves - Walmart, chipboard flourishes - Bo Bunny Zoology, Brown flowers - BBP, buttons - Sticko, Yarn - 1974 haha
 
Yesterday I participated in an one hour challenge over at Creating Keepsakes.  I was a little nervous.  I am new to that board AND this was the first time I ever tried to finish a layout in that amount of time!  Plus my scraproom still looks like it did in the photo two posts ago!
 
When I logged on and saw the challenge was to use yarn on a layout I panicked!  I don't have yarn!  I have ribbon...I have string...I have fibers!  No "yarn." 
 
Then I remembered a bag of assorted ribbons that my oldest daughter had picked up at a yard sale for me years ago.  She was so proud of this bag she had gotten for a quarter that I didn't have the heart to get rid of it.  It contained lots and lots of ribbons and strings from what appeared to be the 70s...maybe 80s. 
 
I quickly pulled the bag from my drawer and found YARN!
 
I remember seeing this type of yarn in a lot of school photos from the 70s...maybe 80s.  Every little girl had them tied in their ponytails and dogears.  The cardboard it was wrapped around had a price tag from MONTGOMERY WARD!  It said 90 cents, but was marked through with red and discounted to 45 cents.
 
Well, as you can see from the photo it all ended well.  I didn't win the box of goodies, but I had a blast!  I even shoved all the "vintage" items back in the bag and put it back in the drawer.
 
I REALLY enjoyed the one hour challenge!  I plan to join in on the next one too!
 
Happy Scrapping!
 
Lori Margret

8 comments:

  1. The yarn is perfect on here. Such a pretty fall layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That yarn adds a nice vintage look and perfect for a fall layout

    ReplyDelete
  3. so nice and a great challenge - both the hour part and the yarn part! both would be hard for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did Great with the challenge! I dont think I have tried the one hour challenges yet. I am a slow scrapper. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did Great with the challenge! I dont think I have tried the one hour challenges yet. I am a slow scrapper. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous! That yarn bow is just delicious, and I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you used the yarn to tie up your leaf cluster - great idea! Lovely page. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! :)